- With terrific help from volunteers, Advocates for Hoffman made our goal of collecting over 2,500 signatures on the filing fee petitions. As of Friday, May 4, the total was 2,592. These names will insure that Steve will be on the August 7 Primary Election ballot without having to pay the $1,740 filing fee. We are driving these petitions, along with Steve’s Declaration of Candidacy, to Olympia on Monday, May 14.
Do you have some signed petitions? Please mail or drop them off at headquarters, 5018 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle WA 98118.
- Postcards are here and ready to put into people’s hands. If you can help distribute them, stop by to pick some up, or the campaign will ship them to you. Call 206-722-2453 or complete this online form.
- The Washington Berniecrats Coalition’s online debate with Senate candidates covered topics from fighting police brutality to sustainable farming. If you missed it, you can watch it here.
We need your help!
- Host a house party and introduce Steve to your neighbors and friends. Call Campaign Manager Doreen McGrath at 206-722-2453 for scheduling and assistance.
- Distribute literature with volunteers at the Women in the Trades Fair on Friday, May 11, or at the Harry Bridges 4th annual forum on Preserving Solidarity: Women in the Trades on Saturday, May 12.
- Volunteer nights continue at Campaign Headquarters every Wednesday from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Drop by and lend a hand!
Doting on donations
Steve readily signed the pledge to not accept donations from the oil, gas and coal industry — not that these giant, planet-endangering profiteers would donate to a socialist feminist union-builder like Steve in any case!
The Hoffman street-heat campaign depends on grass-roots donations. Make checks payable to Advocates for Hoffman, 5018 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle WA 98118, or donate online!